YC123.04.15 - A Month Gone By

//PERSONAL LOG
//ENTRY BY CLEMENTINE LAFLEUR
//DATE YC123.04.15




A whole month without an entry, wow? My biggest worry when I started this was that I would forget to take notes of my thoughts and feelings. I guess that was true? Is it possible that I am starting to lose touch with my own emotions like Charles mentioned all those months ago. Sure, I still get the shakes in combat, but they are not from panicking or worrying, they are from euphoria. That excitement of testing my skills against another. Like gladiators from the storybooks, striking at each other, blocking, parrying back and forth, vying for that killing blow. Maybe this is something all capsuleers experience, and maybe what leads them to that god complex I've seen?

Regardless of that, a fair amount has happened lately which could have also contributed to the reason why. My work with the FIO in Eugales is still ongoing. I managed to sit down for our first meeting with Laura. I was accompanied by Jarlath, one of my colleagues. His redacted work with the Black Eagles was for sure the reason the FIO asked him to follow this up as well. We asked a few questions, but the conversation quickly turned to a topic Laura and I have had a few times. Her colony and them joining the Federation. I would like to think I sparked this topic being brought to the public IGS and that those that have a better way with words can present it in a way that will help her see the benefits. 

I also had an interesting conversation with the Commander and Lady deSilvestris, that for obvious security reasons I can't share on this data pad. I sense a much deeper relationship between the two of them that they let on, which very much intrigues me. 

Lastly of work, I've made a fair amount of isk recovering informants of the Guristas Pirate and taking the fight back to them. Speaking to some other capsuleers, this seems to be some kind of culling of spies with their ranks, leaving them stranded with these capsules.

It wasn't all work the past month, and I did manage to have some fun. This weekend I joined a celebration of freedom hosted by our Minmatar friends. Setup by Pol Macsliebh, we first were filament jumped in industrial ships to a random location in the cluster and had to race back to Dal. I didn't think any of us would make it back, but some did.... I did not. The main event saw us fight in a Breacher free for all, last two standing went through to a final battle royal. I had fitted it in true DIY fashion costing me under a million isk as I knew I had no chance of winning. At least I gave some of them a nice paper tiger target to shoot at! 
The next day was the Masquerade ball hosted and run by Lasairiona Raske, owner of the L'Amore at Ballo. I had been so excited about it since it was announced and was so upset that it got postponed. The ball was so exciting and so much more than I could have imagined. Music, dancing, cocktails, what more could you ask for? Aura attached an image of the dress and mask I wore please [NEOCOM - IMAGE DATABASE - MASQUERADE DRESS + MASK]. The bottom was detachable so that I could dance freely. Unfortunately, it didn't win me any prizes. First place went to Lord Onzo and rightly so. Partly because I voted for him, but most importantly because what he wore was simply magnificent. I did manage to get to dance with him and had a lovely conversation. I may take him up on his offer of dancing lessons when if time permits.

All in all, it's been a busy few weeks and I don't see it slowing down. Leadership has been having daily meetings on the direction they would like to steer the corporation in. Now we have finished our contract with the FDU, our combat focus is now 100% in Nadire, which means Manifesto. We have no shortage of allies around us. We have proved that we can form and support them when called, so one would hope the favour would be returned in kind if we send out the ping.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YC122.10.29 - Crimson Harvest

YC122.10.27 - Silas Vitalia